Every spring, SWE hosts Networking Reception, an event held the night before the spring career fair. It is an opportunity for SWE and MEP members to talk with recruiters from companies in a relaxed setting. The small environment allows for more personal interactions between company representatives and students, allowing attendees to make meaningful, substantive connections. The additional interactions SWE and MEP students get with the recruiters helps increase their chances of being remembered and scoring an interview for a job or internship. Both recruiters and students alike enjoy the event and find it extremely helpful.
Networking Reception helps prepare SWE and MEP members to:
- Identify companies aligned with personal and professional skills, interests and values, and academic majors at Mines
- Demonstrate increased confidence in interacting with company recruiters
- Demonstrate interest in available internships or full-time opportunities by follow through with company recruiter(s), scheduling a campus interview or applying for a position via Diggernet
If there are any questions or concerns with regards to the event, please contact Cheyenne Joslin, Networking Director, email@example.com
Companies Attended in 2022
Date: Monday, January 31, 2022
Time: 5:00-7:00 PM
Location: Green Center, Colorado School of Mines
SWE & MEP MembersCost to attend
- Meet company representatives in a relaxed environment the night before Career Fair.
- An exclusive SWE and MEP event
CompanyCost to attend
- Opportunities for company representatives, SWE & MEP members, and Mines alumni to meet in a relaxed environment the night before spring career fair