Student Chapter Membership
The Mines ASCE chapter is run concurrently with the Mines chapter of the Associated General Contractors (AGC). By paying dues you are a member of the Mines student chapter of ASCE and AGC. Dues are $10 per semester, but your first semester is free.
Members receive access to:
- Valuable Information from the Presenters
- Professional Site Tours and Field Trips
- Potential Professional Networking Opportunities
- Chapter run Volunteer Opportunities
- Chapter Events and In-Major Connections
- Student Membership at the National Level (see below)
Students are encouraged to join the National ASCE Chapter. Student membership is FREE.
- Monthly issues of Civil Engineering magazine and ASCE News
- Eligibility for $75,000 in scholarships and financial support
- Free access to Resume-Link, a national resume referral database connecting members with prospective employers
- Access to EIT courses and videotapes
- Unlimited networking opportunities with practicing engineers through ASCE “members only” websites and meetings with Sections, Branches, and Younger Member Committees
- Leadership development and training at national workshops and conferences
- Opportunities to participate in the National Concrete Canoe Races and Steel Bridge Competition
- Up to 75% off all ASCE publications and discounts on conferences, seminars, self-study courses, etc.
- Automatic upgrade to Assoc. Member or Affiliate immediately following graduation