Who Are We?
Kappa Kappa Psi members strive to not only become the best musicians they can be, but to also help others and raise up the band as a consequence. Musicianship is not only the way that a player responds to the music in front of them, but also how they connect to the music, appreciate it, and perform with the rest of their ensemble.
Members of the fraternity are dedicated to becoming the best leaders that the band deserves. Whether it is being a section leader during concert band, assisting in clean set up and clean up for concerts, or even helping other members of the band grow into their own roles as leaders, Kappa Kappa Psi upholds these ideals.
One of the most important pillars of the fraternity is service. The members of the fraternity are dedicated to serve the band in every facet possible. From smaller projects such as providing lunch before marching band games to larger projects like building cases for the timpani, members of Kappa Kappa Psi aim to help the band improve.
OUR FIVE PURPOSES
(1) To promote the existence and welfare of the college and university bands and to cultivate at large a wholesome respect for their activities and achievements.
(2) To honor outstanding bandmembers through privilege of membership extended as a reward for technical achievement and appreciation for the best in music.
(3) To stimulate campus leadership and promulgate an uncompromising respect through the medium of the college band for gracious conduct, good taste and unswerving loyalty.
(4) To foster a close relationship between college bands and promote a high average of attainment by the performance of good music and selection of worthwhile projects.
(5) To provide a pleasant and helpful social experience for all engaged in college band work and to cooperate with other musical organizations in any manner consistent with the purposes of the institution at which chapters are located.