SWE Receives DI&A Award
SWE received a Diversity, Inclusion, and Access (DI&A) Award for the outstanding outreach programs put on during the 2019 – 2020 academic year. SWE hosts outreach events on campus and in the community to increase awareness and support of future generations of women engineers. SWE educates attendees about various STEM degrees and careers, and the possibilities available as a future Mines student. They interact with many young women with varied backgrounds from across Colorado, treat everyone as equals, and empower them to find their passions.
Outreach events including Girl Scout Engineering Day, Girls on the Rise, and Girls Lead the Way allow girls to experience STEM careers through fun activities. SWE also participated in the Service to Succeed (S2S) challenge where our section was able to help the community for some events and help expose K-12 students to the field of STEM at other events.
Congratulations to all of the other DI&A Award winners:
- Mary Elliott, recipient of Creating a Culture of Inclusion Award
- EMPOWER, recipient of Employee Development Award
- Dr. Derrick Hudson, recipient of Inclusive Educator Award
- Annette Pilkington, recipient of Employee Engagement Award
- Emilie Rusch, recipient of Raising Awareness Award
- Andrea Salazar Morgan, recipient of Supporting Student Success Award
SWE 2020 National Scholarship Recipients
- Dr. Paula Marie Stenzler Legacy Scholarship for Engineering
Recipient: Sepideh Kianbakht | Colorado School of Mines | Ph.D | Electrical Engineering
- Past Presidents Scholarship
Recipient: Claire Kincaid | Colorado School of Mines | Masters | Mining Engineering
- SWE Rocky Mountain Section Collegiate Scholarship
Recipient: Madison Frotten | Colorado School of Mines | Sophomore | B.S. Petroleum Engineering
Recipient: Kayla Hubbard | Colorado School of Mines | Graduate School | MS Hydrologic Science and Engineering
- SWE Rocky Mountain Section Freshman Scholarship
Recipient: Annie Osmun | Colorado School of Mines | First Year | Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
2020-2021 SWE Florence Caldwell Scholarship Recipients
- Recipients: Taryn Tucker, Sophia Becker, Breanna Moak, Madison Frotten
Colorado School of Mines Receives SWE Mission Award
Colorado School of Mines is a recipient of the Society of Women Engineers Mission Award! We received the Collegiate Gold level! The Mission Awards are a society-level recognition for SWE groups that embody SWE core values and demonstrate continuous improvement and growth as they work to achieve the Society’s strategic goals.