The International Student Council (ISC) is a non-profit governing body that represents all international organizations at the Colorado School of Mines (Mines). The main purpose of ISC is to unite and provide service for all international students at Mines.
As a representative of international community on campus, ISC aims at creating platform to ensure and enhance communication and cooperation within the international students, other organizations, and the school.
ISC works closely with the International Office in organizing events that can promote cross-cultural understanding and awareness to bridge the gap between international and non-international students. In addition, as the official voice of international students population at Mines, ISC addresses issues and concerns associated with international and exchange students on campus.
Currently, ISC oversees and coordinates 14 (fourteen) International Student Organizations:
- Chinese Students and Scholars Association
- Indian Subcontinent Student Association
- Indonesian Student Association
- IRAnian Student Association
- Kazakh Student Association
- Korean Student Association
- Kuwaiti Students Club
- Libyan Student Association
- Malaysian Student Association
- Mines African Student Union
- Muslim Students Association
- Saudi Students Club
- Thai Student Association
- Turkish Student Association